Wednesday, September 22, 2010

day twenty-one

whew! tonight's painting took a little longer than expected because i also watched last night's episode of jimmy fallon. on a related note, a guy (Cory) who i worked with at camp lurecrest now (unbeknownst to me) works for jimmy fallon. while i was watching, i saw him in this clip.

this painting was done on a piece of wood that i've used for a palette before. if you're curious, i use a myriad of different paint palettes. for oils, i generally use my wood palette with a thumb hole. however, for acrylics, i use just about anything. i tried the wet palette created especially to keep paints from drying out as quickly, but it was too much work for me. :)

this is from an old picture of my Mamaw. the best part about it is what she's wearing. it's a strapless little romper with so many ruffles... i guess it could've been a bathing suit because it's a little short, but i totally want one right now.

12x12" acrylic on wood

3 comments:

  1. This is really creative. It's almost like she's floating on that picnic blanket with the dog leaping through the air to her. And I love the flowery, balloon effect of the colors above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as soon as I saw it. That's Pepper (the dog). What's funny is since the yellow is so sparse in your painting, it looks like Mama has on a very skimpy bathing suit!

    ReplyDelete