Monday, October 11, 2010

day forty

what i sang while beginning to paint tonight:
  
But I don't feel like paintin'
No sir, no paintin' today.

Don't feel like paintin', paintin'

Even if i find nothin' better to do
Don't feel like paintin', paintin'...


(adapted from Scissor Sisters' I Don't Feel Like Dancin'... i don't really recommend this music video but the song isn't so bad... haha!)

this is (by far) my favorite watercolor thus far... the subject matter is all right, but i not only really enjoyed it, i felt comfortable with watercolors!! it's only a matter of time before i don't consider myself a beginner in this medium, and won't that be a wonderful day! by then, i'm sure you all will be tired of water colors. (sorry)

the painting is from a photo i took during my travels in Europe... i think it is from a train in Italy, but i don't remember. this guy made me laugh, because he sat up straight looking out the window the entire time-- in his cute bowtie all proper. and i was the creeper with the camera in my lap trying to take pictures discreetly.


Ibid.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Tiff. I especially like your treatment with his hands. He is dear. I also liked the up close and personal tone of this one, with a bit more detail in his surroundings as well.

    ReplyDelete